Various societies have valued the medical advantages of figs, and they have been insignia of peace, ripeness and well-being. Specifically, the fig tree is one of the most seasoned developed plants, and the primary composed reference to them goes back to the Sumerian King Urukagina in 2,900 B.C.
As evident from history, the fig begins from Western Asia, and individuals spread it all through the Mediterranean. Spaniards took it to America 1520 where Spanish Missionary Priests planted them and are known as the California Mission Figs.
These natural products were additionally portrayed in antiquated frescoes and reliefs in old Egypt and were to a great degree famous in old Greece and Arabia. In addition, they were utilized as a part of the treatment of wounds, bubbles, intestinal sickness, fever, infection, measles, tumors, and syphilis by the old doctors.
Moreover, Plato recorded that Greek competitors at Olympia devoured eating regimens of figs with a specific end goal to improve their performance and physical strength. Also, they esteemed their medical advantages and did not permit their export.
The fig tree may live and prove to be fruitful for around 2 centuries in the event that it is developed in good conditions. New figs are accessible from June to October. They are the best when they are ready, as they are high in cancer prevention agents. You can store them in a cool place, where they can keep going for 2-3 days. Never forget to wash them before utilization.
Subsequently, the utilization of figs is significant, as they can give various medical advantages, advance weight reduction with no side effects. Figs are rich in critical nutrients, e.g. vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, pectin substances, proteins, natural acids, cellulose, iron, sodium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Phosphorus and iron are imperative for the best possible capacity of the heart muscle, they enhance the immunity and improves over all well-being. The leaves of figs are high in flavonoids and polyphenols like rutin, catechin, gallic corrosive, syringic corrosive, epicatechin and chlorogenic corrosive. Additionally, the concentrates of psoralen and key oils have strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. Besides, have solid hostile to diabetic properties.
Health Benefits of Figs:
- Improves digestion:Figs are rich in solvent and insoluble fiber. Solvent fiber directs and controls glucose levels and enhances digestion mechanism.
- Normalizing High Blood Pressure:Figs are rich in potassium, which normalizes the blood pressure and forestall hypertension.
- Strong Bones:These organic products are bounteous in calcium and phosphorus, which help the development of bones and advance recovery on account of being damaged.
- Cancer Prevention:These organic products incorporate the phytochemical known as benzaldehyde, which has been appeared to avert cancer disease.
- Prevent Anemia:They are likewise rich in iron, which forestall weakness and helps the development of red platelets.
- Keep You Young:Figs are rich in cell reinforcement compounds, for example, polyphenols, flavonoids, and anthocyanins, which kill the free radicals which speed up the maturing procedure.
- Helps in Weight Reduction: They are high in fiber and a favorable digestive enzyme, known as ficin, which changes over protein into amino acids and adds to the purgative properties of this fruit. In this way, their customary utilization helps the digestive framework, and digestive chemicals use salivation to breakdown food starches into smaller particles.