Tartar builds up on teeth due to different reasons that may be due to regular intake of some processed foods containing harmful ingredients. Smoking is also one of the reason for tartar build up. Often people don’t care too much for the teeth cleansing, this is also one of the common reason for tartar buildup. Once it builds up, it is quite difficult to remove it and that too without the professional dentist’s help.Dentist normally use different types of instruments for scaling. This process requires you to be patient during the process and at times it is irritating and painful, if the tartar has been accumulated over the years and affected the gum line. Besides that the treatment is also quite costly. The best possible prevention is to take regular oral care by brushing regularly with some good paste.
This article is about sharing home remedy for removing tartar and also preventing it from further growth. Following are the ingredients and method of preparation:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dental pick
- Antiseptic mouth wash
Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used in dentistry for teeth whitening, for treatment of gingivitis and periodontitis. It is also used for plaque removal. Baking soda is also commonly known for plaque removal.
- Take a cup and mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with ½ teaspoon of salt in it.
- Wet your toothbrush in warm water for few seconds.
- Dip your tooth-brush now in the mixture from step 1. Scrub your teeth with it and spit out. Carry on this procedure for 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 full cup of hydrogen peroxide with half cup of warm water and rinse your mouth for a minute and then spit.
- After step 4, rinse your mouth with ½ cup of cool water.
- Rub the yellow tartar on your teeth with dental pick. Do it carefully and make sure you do not scrape the gums because it may damage them.
- In the last, rinse your mouth with some good antiseptic mouthwash. Repeat this procedure every alternate day and soon you will see the result in the form of tartar free teeth.
Keep smiling with white and shiny teeth always.