Turmeric is a super-spice that has a very high antioxidant value. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in turmeric are mainly attributed to its most active component, Curcumin. This compound is also what gives it a yellow-orange color. It has been proven to fight free radicals, rejuvenate the cells, cleanse the liver, protect the heart, boosts moods and support the brain. It can fight severe inflammation, which is at the heart of many chronic diseases, better than most conventional drugs. Turmeric is the Most Powerful Natural Medicine Known to Men. It is one of the most-studied spices. It is the subject of over 7000 different studies published by the National Institutes of Health.
The research conducted on this amazing spice found that it is as effective as the following medications but with no side effects:
- Arthritis medications
- Diabetes drugs
- Pain killers
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Cholesterol drugs
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
Other Health Benefits
- Helps treat depression
- It drastically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Improves brain function and lowers risk of brain diseases
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Relive joint pain, muscle aches and discomfort
- Indigestion and heartburn aid
- Ease stiff joints
- Optimize cholesterol
- Turmeric can help prevent and even treat cancer
Homemade Turmeric Supplements:
- Take 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey and
- Add turmeric powder to it. Make sure it is thick enough to roll into balls.
- Add a pinch freshly ground black pepper. ( Recent studies have found that a compound in black pepper called piperine makes the cancer-fighting curcumin in turmeric as much as 1,000 times more bioavailable)
- To form the capsules, take pinches of the turmeric paste and roll them into small balls.
Allow to sit out a couple days to dry out. Take 2-3 per day.
Just keep in mind that to get maximum benefits, it needs to be high quality curcumin in a form that optimizes curcuminoid absorption.