Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter, for the baking dish
- Skinless and boneless chicken breast = 4
- Freshly ground black pepper and Kosher Salt
- 1 medium sized head broccoli, cut into small flower shaped form
- Cooked white rice = 2 cups
- Can (10 ounce) of condensed cream of chicken soup = 1
- Sour cream = 1 cup
- Mayonnaise = 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice = 1 tablespoon
- 10 ounces grated cheddar = 2 and half cups
Total Time: 2 hr: 50 mins. (Prep: 15 mins; Inactive: 1 hr: 5 mins; Cook: 1 hr: 30 mins)
Servings: 10 Cooking Level Complexity: Easy
- The first thing is to preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Get a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish along with nonstick cooking spray or square of butter.
- Get a large pot with water and place chicken in it, add small amount of salt and cover it. Bring it to boil, once boiled, reduce the heat and let it simmer and cook it for 45 minutes until its tender.
- Drain the chicken, refrigerate it by covering until its cool or may be for 24 hours.
- Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover. Add some salt, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook the chicken until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain the chicken, cover, and refrigerate until cool, or up to 24 hours. Shred.
- In the meantime, get a pot of medium size and boil a generously salted water. Afterwards add the flower shaped broccoli pieces and boil for 2 to 3 minutes until tender and crispy.
- Place a baking dish and spread rice in it, make sure it must be evenly layered. Then create a second layer of broccoli.
- Take a large bowl, mix together the chicken soup, the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, shredded chicken, some salt and pepper (according to your taste) and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the resulting mixture from step 8 over the broccoli and top with the remaining Cheddar.
- Bake it for 40 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Value Analysis
|Nutritional Analysis||Per Serving|